Mobile testing is a process by which application software developed for hand held mobile devices is tested for its functionality, usability and consistency.
- Appium is an open source test automation framework for use with native, hybrid and mobile web apps.
- It drives iOS, Android, and Windows apps using the WebDriver protocol.
- Appium is built on the idea that testing native apps shouldn’t require including an SDK or recompiling your app. And that you should be able to use your preferred test practices, frameworks, and tools.
- Appium is an open source project and has made design and tool decisions to encourage a vibrant contributing community.
- iOS Mac OSX
XCode w/ Command Line Tools
- Android Mac OSX or Windows or Linux
Android SDK ≥ 16
- iOS Mac OSX
- Human like GUI level interaction, using the normal application front-end. No API instrumentation or security bypass.
- Automate ANYthing, ANYwhere
- Robots can be cloned with a simple copy and paste, making the distribution of your automation very easy.
- Multiple business process work items and transactions executed in parallel, at cost effective times.
- Automate repetitive processes prone to mundane errors, freeing up labour resource to be used in other areas.
- Software Robots execute business steps identical to a human user. Business processes can be recorded and then played back on a schedule of your choosing, on one or more physical or virtual machines.
try it now